|This is the place to see what cool things the community is selling. You can get in on the action and bid for that special something that catches your eye.|
— Forza Motorsport 7 announcer
The Auction House is a community marketplace featured in all Xbox 360 Motorsport titles and all titles since Forza Horizon 3.
The Auction House allows players to buy cars from other players or auction off their own cars from the garage. To create an auction, the Minimum Bid and/or Buyout price as well as its duration must be set, which may last from 1 to 24 hours.
Players can place a pre-set bid on an auction that can be outbid by other players within the duration of the auction. Outbid players have the option to place a higher bid or leave the auction by returning their credits. Players choosing the Buyout option immediately claim the highest bid, allowing them to end the auction prematurely.
Auctions with no buyouts expire after time has run out, although they will be extended within the last minute if a higher bid was placed (not in Forza Horizon 4). Sellers with no buyers may reclaim their car for no additional costs, while successful sellers automatically send a small portion of their profit to Auction House proceeds.
The player's bid can be calculated by the following formula, with NB being the new bid and CB being the current bid:
$ NB = CB + (CB*10)/100 + 500 $
Example: The current bid is 1,000 CR.
$ 1,000 CR + 100 CR + 500 CR = 1,600 CR $
Minimum and maximum list prices depend on the value of a car in Xbox One and PC titles, but will raise with a higher painter or tuner status, with the highest possible prices being available to players with Legend status.
In Forza Horizon 4 since Update 11, a new system was implemented that allows the maximum list price of individual cars to increase or decrease dynamically based on how quickly that particular car sold when listed, simulating supply and demand, and allowing sellers who have not reached Legend status to list certain cars for the maximum price.
|Title||Minimum Bid||Minimum Buyout||Maximum Buyout|
|Forza Motorsport 2||5,000 CR||10,000 CR|
|Forza Motorsport 3||1,000 CR||1,000 CR||999,999,999 CR|
|Forza Motorsport 4||1,000 CR||1,000 CR||999,999,999 CR|
|Forza Horizon 3||55% of car value|
|Forza Horizon 3 (Horizon Edition cars)||200,000 CR||5,500,000 CR|
|Forza Motorsport 7 (Forza Edition cars)||200,000 CR||5,500,000 CR|
|Forza Horizon 4||10% of car value||55% of car value||20,000,000 CR|
- The Auction House is only available to Xbox Live Gold subscribers.
- Auctions from VIP players always appear above auctions from non-VIP players.
- Players in Forza Motorsport 2 selling modified vehicles can lock their paint jobs, which allows buyers only to delete a paint job instead of being able to tweak it. Tuning setups, however, cannot be locked and are also available to buyers.
- In Forza Motorsport 3 and Forza Motorsport 4, liveries and tuning setups from modified vehicles bought on the auction house are always locked and can be only removed by players.
- Vehicles bought with Car Tokens cannot be auctioned.
- In Forza Motorsport 4, there is also a separate tab for Unicorn cars, although this can only be used by Turn 10 developers.
Xbox One & Windows 10
- Players in the Horizon series can sell cars that are otherwise not available for purchase at the Autoshow. These are considered Rare Cars that can be found on a separate tab.
- In Forza Motorsport 7 certain cars that the player has received for free (e.g. Forza Driver's Cup rewards) cannot be auctioned.
- ↑ Mentioned when the Auction House is accessed for the first time
- ↑ https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360025973673-FH4-Release-Notes-July-1st-2019
|Forza Motorsport 7|
|General||Achievements · Cars · Downloadable Content · Driver Level Milestone Rewards · Environments · Forza Driver's Cup · Mods · Race Shop · Prize Crates · Soundtrack · Specialty Dealer|
|Customization||Driver Gear · Forza Edition cars · Homologation · Upgrades|
|Community||Auction House · Bounty Hunter · Forzathon · Leagues · Multiplayer Hoppers · Storefront · Turn 10 Studios|
|Updates||Update history · November Update · December Update · January Update · February Update · March Update · April Update · June Update · July Update · August Update · September Update · October Update · November Update (2018) · December Update (2018) · April Update (2019) · August Update (2019)|