The Autoshow is a place where players can buy new cars in the Forza Horizon series. It works similarly to the "Buy Car" feature in the Forza Motorsport series.
Cars are shown in a grid (a horizontal wheel in earlier games) and are sorted by manufacturer by default. There are other sorting options:
Players can also filter cars from the following filters:
- Affordable - Cars the player can afford with his/her own available CR balance
- Owned - Cars the player owns
- Not Owned - Cars the player does not currently own
- Upgrade Presets Available (Forza Horizon 3 and 4 only) - Cars with upgrade presets available
- Car Class - All available car classes (E, D, C, B, A, S, R3, R2, and R1 in Forza Horizon; D, C, B, A, S1, and S2 from Forza Horizon 2 onwards)
- Car Type - All available Championships or Car Types
- Drive Type - FWD, RWD, or AWD
When the player selects a car they want to buy, they can select from a list of curated designs or choose from several different manufacturer colors, as well as custom colors. When the player has chosen a design or color that they want for the car, they will be given several views of their car, including a free look (by pressing X). At this point, pressing A will ask the player if they want to buy the car for its current value (in Credits or Tokens in earlier games). When confirmed, the car will be added to the player's garage if the player has enough CR or TK.
DLC cars can be obtained for free from the Autoshow if the player has purchased the required DLC packs for the cars they want. In Forza Horizon 3, the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991) is the only exception to this rule, requiring 210,000 CR to be purchased once the Porsche Car Pack is purchased.
On some occasions, certain cars are sold on a discount. In Forza Horizon 2, a perk allows players to get any available car for a permanent 10% discount, while in Forza Horizon 3, a temporary perk allows players to get any car for a 5% discount.
- Not all cars can be bought from the Autoshow. Some cars can only be obtained through download codes, Horizon Wheelspin, Auction House, Festival Playlist, or #Forzathon events.
- Take advantage of discounts whenever possible to get the best deals on expensive cars, especially cars priced above 3,000,000 CR.
- The Auction House can sometimes be used as a cheaper alternative to buying cars in the Autoshow.