The FG X, based on the 2015 Ford Falcon XR8, competed in the Supercars Championship between 2015 to 2018 under DJR Team Penske and Tickford Racing (Prodrive Racing Australia) as a successor to the previous Ford FG Falcon.
The Falcon FG X appears in four livery variants spanning 3 different championship seasons, all of which are featured in Forza Motorsport 7.
Forza Motorsport 6 & Forza Horizon 3
- 2015 Ford #5 Pepsi Max Crew PRA Falcon FG X (Forza Motorsport 6)
- 2015 Ford #17 Xbox Racing Ford Falcon FG X (Both Titles)
- 2016 Ford #55 Supercheap Falcon FG X (Forza Horizon 3)
Forza Motorsport 7
Forza Motorsport 7 features all prior livery variants, and also introduces the:
- 2017 Ford #17 Shell V-Power Racing Team Falcon FG X
- 2015 #5 Pepsi Max Crew PRA Falcon FG X:
|2015 has been an astounding year for driver Mark “Frosty” Winterbottom and the #5 Ford Falcon. The Pepsi Max crew have already chalked up eight wins and four podiums this season. Only twice have they finished outside the top ten. With a huge lead in the points, it looks like 2015 could be Frosty’s big year and his first V8 Supercars championship.|
- 2015 #17 Xbox Racing Ford Falcon FG X:
|Two-time champion and V8 Supercar legend Marcos Ambrose made a much-heralded return to the Aussie road-racing series this year in the #17 Ford Falcon. Ambrose had spent the last few years in NASCAR and the return to Aussie V8s was challenging. Look for Ambrose and the #17, backed by experience of DJR Team Penske, in the remaining enduro races of 2015.|
#17 was driven by both Marcos Ambrose and Scott Pye as part of DJR Team Penske's scaling back of the team to a single car for the season.
Marcos Ambrose, a two-time V8 Supercar champion for 2003 and 2004, drove for the first event in the championship but stepped down prior to the second event. Scott Pye took on the role, after originally being listed as the team's endurance co-driver, and remained the lead driver with Marcos Ambrose returning as the team's endurance co-driver.
At the conclusion of the 2015 Supercars Championship;
- DJR Team Penske placed 13th in the team standings.
- Scott Pye placed 17th and Marcos Ambrose placed 43rd in the drivers' standings.
- #17 placed 21st in the Pirtek Endurance Cup.
Requires the Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack
Purchase from the Autoshow for 650,000 CR
Performance & Championship
Extreme Track Toys
Top Speed: 174.0 mph (280 km/h)
0-60 mph (0-97 km/h): 3.300 secs.
0-100 mph (0-161 km/h): 6.814 secs.
60-0 mph (97-0 km/h): 113.8 ft (34.7 m)
100-0 mph (161-0 km/h): 278.6 ft (84.9 m)
60 mph (97 km/h): 1.19 g
120 mph (193 km/h): 1.36 g
|Conversion - Drivetrain|
- In Forza Motorsport 6, completing a race on Bathurst in the #17 Falcon FG X unlocks the Down Under achievement.
- The thumbnail for this particular achievement incorrectly shows the #5 Pepsi Max Crew PRA Falcon FG X instead of the #17 Xbox Racing Ford Falcon FG X as per conditions for unlock.
- The Xbox Racing Falcon FG X featured in the Forza series features the 2015 Sydney SuperTest livery.
- In Forza Motorsport 7, when upgrading the driveline for the #5 Pepsi Max Crew PRA Falcon FG X from default specifications, the race driveline will break division restrictions. When performing this modification to any other vehicle in the Supercars Championship division, this will not occur.