The Hot Wheels Expansion is a downloadable content pack that is available for the PC and Xbox One releases of Forza Horizon 3 on May 9, 2017. It was revealed on April 26, 2017 as part of a news article published on the official Forza Motorsport website.
It is included as part of the Expansion Pass.
A new campaign as part of the Hot Wheels Expansion takes players across six new islands off the coast of Australia; all of which are interconnected with Hot Wheels tracks with loops, corkscrews, and boost pads.
Alongside a new campaign, a Stunt Swap feature is included that allows players to modify stunt tracks.
- Six islands
- Hot Wheels Campaign
- Hot Wheels skills
- 28 new routes
- Playground Arena - Shadow of the Hyperloop
- Hot Wheels Goliath
- 28 Achievements worth 500
- 10 cars
- New Tire Compound
- Hot Wheels Race Tire Compound - the default Race Tire Compound with a red inner tire wall
- New Hospital Records song
- Hi! by Metrik
- The development code name for the expansion was "Orange".
- A series of PC updates improving game performance and expanding driving wheel support was released alongside the expansion.