- For the first entry in the Forza series, see Forza Motorsport (2005).
Forza Motorsport (2023) is an upcoming motorsport-focused racing game and, although the 8th entry in Motorsport series, is a reboot.
It was first shown during Microsoft's Xbox Games Showcase livestream on July 23, 2020, with an announcement trailer but without a release date. With the game being in "early development," it was revealed to be releasing for the Xbox Series X console and for the Windows 10 operating system.
The announcement trailer showcased multiple racing teams, with each having their own example of an Apollo Intensa Emozione, participating at an Techsports Racing sponsored event at Laguna Seca Raceway.
It also follows teams preparing for another event at Laguna Seca Raceway involving the BAC Mono, as well as crew members tending to a Mazda #70 SpeedSource Lola B12/80, and hinting at towards increasing involvement of race engineers.
As a technical showcase, the trailer outlines that the game will include ray tracing for improved reflection and audio detail.
For the Xbox Series X, it renders in a 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) and runs at a 60hz refresh rate (60 frames per second). For the Xbox Series S, it renders in a 1080p resolution (1920 x 1080) and runs at a 60hz refresh rate (60 frames per second).
During the 2022 Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, it was revealed with a Spring 2023 release date. During its showcase, a fully dynamic time of day system was revealed, which can change the ambient track temperature and have a direct affect on tire grip.
- 2018 Acura #36 Gradient Racing NSX GT3
- 2020 Acura #6 ARX-05 DPi
- 1958 Aston Martin DBR1
- 2017 Aston Martin Aston Martin Racing V12 Vantage GT3 #7
- 2018 Apollo Intensa Emozione
- 2018 Audi #44 R8 LMS GT3
- 2021 Audi RS e-tron GT
- 2014 BAC Mono
- 2017 BMW #24 BMW Team RLL M6 GTLM
- 2018 BMW #1 BMW M Motorsport M8 GTE
- 2019 Brabham BT62
- 2021 Cadillac #31 Whelen Racing DPi-V.R
- 1966 Chaparral #66 Chaparral Cars 2E
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe
- 2020 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing C8.R
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Coupé
- 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
- 1967 Eagle-Weslake T1G
- 1967 Ferrari #24 Ferrari Spa 330 P4
- 1966 Ford #2 GT40 Mk II Le Mans
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
- 2018 Formula Drift #64 Nissan 370Z
- 2020 Formula Drift #151 Toyota GR Supra
- 2019 Ginetta #6 Team LNT Ginetta G60-LT-P1
- 1967 Honda RA300
- 2020 Koenigsegg Jesko
- 2018 Lamborghini #63 Squadra Corse Huracán Super Trofeo Evo
- 2020 Lamborghini Huracan EVO
- 1991 Mazda #55 Mazda 787B
- 2014 Mazda #70 SpeedSource Lola B12/80
- 1966 McLaren M2B
- 2019 McLaren Senna GTR
- 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT3
- 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
- 2016 NIO EP9
- 2019 Nissan 370Z Nismo
- 2020 Nissan GT-R Nismo (R35)
- 2017 Porsche #911 Porsche GT Team 911 RSR
- 2021 Porsche 911 GT3
- "Forza Motorsport is coming to the Xbox Series X with 4K, 60fps, and ray tracing" . theverge.com . Retrieved 07-24-2020.
- "A closer look at 'Forza Motorsport' for Xbox Series X" . engadget.com . Retrieved 07-24-2020.
- "Forza Motorsport June 2022 Update" . https://support.forzamotorsport.net/ . Retrieved 06-21-2020.
- "The All-New Forza Motorsport is the Most Technically Advanced Racing Game Ever Made" . https://news.xbox.com/ . Retrieved 07-12-2022.