The 2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX - abbreviated as Ford Focus RX or Ford Gymkhana - is an AWD rallycross car by Hoonigan and Ford featured in Forza Horizon 3 as part of the Blizzard Mountain Expansion and as standard in all subsequent titles.
It is available as a Showcase reward in Forza Motorsport 7.
The Ford Focus RX is a 2017 Ford Focus RS-based rallycross car built by Hoonigan Racing in conjunction with M-Sport. It is driven by Ken Block of Gymkhana fame in the 2016 FIA World Rallycross Championship and the Gymkhana 9 video.
The Ford Focus RX is built on the Focus RS, with a tuned two liter (1,983 cc) turbocharged inline-four engine, with power output rated at 600 hp (447 kW) and torque output rated at 664 ft·lb (900 N·m). It is equipped with a six-speed manual transmission driving all four wheels. Typical for rallycross cars, the Focus RS RX has short gearing that favors acceleration over top speed.
The Focus RS RX has extremely quick 0 to 60 mph (97 km/h) acceleration that is achieved in 1.9 seconds, outclassing even hypercars such as the Porsche 918 Spyder, Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020, and Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. Its astounding acceleration is also evident in its five-second run to 100 mph (161 km/h). The only car that has a faster acceleration to 60 mph (97 km/h) is the Hoonigan Ford "Hoonicorn" Mustang with 1.8 seconds.
The Focus RS RX handles and brakes really well, especially off-road. Combined with the quick acceleration, it is extremely competitive for both asphalt and offroad tracks. Its short gearing limits the top speed to only 144 mph (232 km/h) however, although the gearing is noticeably wider in Forza Motorsport 7 that increases top speed to 181 mph (291 km/h).
Requires the Blizzard Mountain Expansion pack
Purchase from the Autoshow for 500,000 CR or 1,000 T
Performance & Championship
Top Speed: 143.4 mph (230.7 km/h)
0-60 mph (0-97 km/h): 1.900 secs.
0-100 mph (0-161 km/h): 5.013 secs.
60-0 mph (97-0 km/h): 123.4 ft (37.6 m)
100-0 mph (161-0 km/h): 299.6 ft (91.3 m)
60 mph (97 km/h): 0.94 g
120 mph (193 km/h): 1.12 g
|Conversion - Drivetrain|
- It is featured on the cover art for the Blizzard Mountain Expansion.
- When playing the Blizzard Mountain Expansion for the first time, the Ford Focus RX is used when the player drives to the Blizzard Mountain Festival for the first time.
- Unlike the other cars in the Blizzard Mountain Expansion, the Ford Focus RX normally does not appear in the Autoshow. Instead, it has to be obtained by completing the Kingmaker event.
- The Kingmaker race forces the player to use the Ford Focus RX, regardless of whether or not they have the car. After this race is won for the first time, any car can then be used on Kingmaker.
- Finishing Mountain Rush Descent in the Ford Focus RX in less than 2 minutes unlocks the All Downhill from Here achievement.
- Its in-game names display "Gymkhana" in all capital letters.
|1960s||Hoonicorn · Hoonicorn V2|
|1970s||Ford Escort RS1800 · Hoonitruck · Loki · Napalm Nova|
|1980s||Ford RS200 Evolution · Gymkhana 10 Ford Escort Cosworth Group A|
|1990s||Mazda RX-7 Twerkstallion · Rauh-Welt Begriff Porsche 911 Turbo|
|2000s||Holden Commodore Ute|
|2010s||Gymkhana 8 Ford Fiesta ST RX43 · Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX · Gymkhana 10 Ford Fiesta ST · Gymkhana 10 Ford Focus RS RX|