Ferruccio Lamborghini was a Taurus, hence the influence of the symbol of the raging bull on the many cars of his prestigious brand he began in 1963 to compete with rival Ferrari. Lamborghini was born in 1916, and the new Centenario was built to celebrate his 100th birthday. Built on the Aventador Super Veloce chassis, complete with a powertrain giving it an advantage in lightness and a formidable 740 hp. With further tuning, the Centenario gleans nearly 20 more ponies from the V12 and loses 11 pounds, while gaining significant downforce and cooling from its body design. Every exterior detail was designed with function in mind to manage drag and improve downforce. Making history of its own, the Centenario is the first Lamborghini to employ rear-wheel steering. With only 20 models in the works and a price tag of $1.9 million each, Forza Horizon 3 will likely be the only place most of us will get a chance to experience it.—Official description
The 2016 Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4 - abbreviated as Centenario '16 or Lambo Centenario - is an AWD hypercar by Lamborghini featured in Forza Horizon 3 and in all subsequent titles. It is featured in Forza Street as part of the April Spotlight Event.
In a similar vein as the Lamborghini Veneno, which is based on the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4, the Centenario LP 770-4 is a limited-production hypercar by Lamborghini based on the Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV. Built to celebrate Ferruccio Lamborghini's 100th birthday, only 40 examples of this car were built: 20 coupes and 20 roadsters.
Built on the chassis of a Lamborghini Aventador SV, the Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4 weighs 11 lb (5 kg) less and gains a lot more downforce and cooling from its body design; in total, the car weighs 3889 lb (1764 kg), which is instead 3527 lb (1600 kg) in Forza Horizon 3. It has an active rear wing that deploys at 60 mph (97 km/h) and retracts at speeds above 140 mph (225 km/h).
The Centenario features an uptuned version of the 6.5 liter (6,498 cc) naturally aspirated V12 engine found in each Lamborghini Aventador model, codenamed L539. The engine now produces 759 hp (566 kW), while the torque output of 509 ft·lb (690 N·m) is still the same; it has a power-to-weight ratio of 430 hp (321 kW) per tonne. The car also still features the seven-speed single-clutch semi-automatic transmission from the Aventador and remains all-wheel drive. Unique to the Centenario is its use of four-wheel steering. However, due to technical limitations, the Centenario lacks its four-wheel steering in the Forza games.
In the interior of the car, the inscription "0 di 20" (0 of 20) can be found in the interior near the windscreen on the driver's side, and highlights which number of the limited 20 coupé production run the car is. Lamborghini Light Design can also be found inscribed within the headlights and taillights of the Centenario.
The Lamborghini Centenario's performance map is based on that of the Veneno, with a 759 hp (566 kW) V12 engine mated to an AWD drivetrain favoring launch and acceleration. It accelerates to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 2.8 seconds, 100 mph (161 km/h) in 5.4 seconds, and has a top speed of 232 mph (373 km/h), higher than its real-life top speed of 217 mph (350 km/h). In Forza Motorsport 7, the Centenario's acceleration was changed, with 0 - 60 mph (97 km/h) in 2.65 seconds and 0 - 100 mph (161 km/h) in 5.75 seconds.
The Centenario has decent grip around corners, rivalling that of the Veneno, although it has a disadvantage in weight that subsequently results in slightly longer braking distances, as well as a downforce disadvantage. In Forza Motorsport 7, the Centenario loses much of its grip and is placed in a lower class than the Veneno, now only being able to compete with the 2017 Ford GT, 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS, and McLaren 720S. However, it now has a bigger top speed advantage, allowing it to beat the Veneno in drag races.
Unlike the Veneno, in Forza Horizon 3, the Centenario has a wider range of upgrades, including aero upgrades and a wider range of engine upgrades, which can take the Centenario's maximum output to 1557 hp (1161 kW) and 998 ft·lb (1353 N·m).
Purchase from the Autoshow for 2,300,000 CR or 4,600 T
Can be purchased or bid on through an Auction House listing
Performance & Championship
Top Speed: 227.4 mph (365.9 km/h)
0-60 mph (0-97 km/h): 2.800 secs.
0-100 mph (0-161 km/h): 5.417 secs.
60-0 mph (97-0 km/h): 106.5 ft (32.5 m)
100-0 mph (161-0 km/h): 263.3 ft (80.3 m)
60 mph (97 km/h): 1.15 g
120 mph (193 km/h): 1.42 g
Purchase from the Autoshow for 2,300,000 CR
Can be purchased or bid on through an Auction House listing
Performance & Car Type
Top Speed: 229.2 mph (368.8 km/h)
0-60 mph (0-97 km/h): 2.818 secs.
0-100 mph (0-161 km/h): 5.483 secs.
60-0 mph (97-0 km/h): 106.2 ft (32.4 m)
100-0 mph (161-0 km/h): 255.2 ft (77.8 m)
60 mph (97 km/h): 1.27 g
120 mph (193 km/h): 1.48 g
|Conversion - Drivetrain|
|Conversion - Aspiration|
- The Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4 being the main cover car of Forza Horizon 3, along with a secondary cover car (the Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck), marks the first time a Forza Horizon series game features more than one car on its cover art.
- In the Forza Horizon 3 game files, the Centenario is referenced as the "Lamborghini Bellissima" (LAM_Bellissima_17).
- In Forza Horizon 3, the Centenario is required for unlocking an achievement and challenges:
- Winning any race in the Centenario unlocks the Forza First achievement.
- The Centenario was required for completing the Going Strong challenge in the Happy Anniversary Forzathon event held from September 22, 2017, to September 27, 2017.
- The Centenario was also required for completing the Once A Century challenge in the Locking Horns Forzathon event held from January 12, 2018, to January 18, 2018.
- The Forza Motorsport 7 version of the Centenario has a higher weight stat than the car it is based on, the Lamborghini Aventador SV, which weighs 3868 lb (1754 kg). In accordance with the Centenario's forzamotorsport.net description, the SV would have been given a weight of 3900 lb (1769 kg).
- The Centenario's display does not fit on its dashboard. This error is also seen on the Aventador, Aventador SV, and Veneno.
- "Forza Horizon 3 - Cars" . forzamotorsport.net . Retrieved 10-27-2018.
- Lamborghini - Lamborghini Centenario - Technical Specifications, Pictures, Videos
- Power-to-weight ratio calculated using Forza Motorsport 7 weight specification of 3889 lb (1764 kg); if using Forza Horizon 3 weight specification of 3527 lb (1600 kg), then 474 hp (353 kW) per tonne
- Jalopnik - What The Hell Is The Lamborghini Bellissima?