|There was much consternation over potential changes to the track-focused, top-of-the-line neunelf (that’s German for “911”) before its release. Would Porsche move the engine from Ferdinand Porsche’s anointed rear-placement? Would turbo-charging be utilized? In the end, the answer was no to both questions. The latest GT3 RS is naturally-aspirated and the incredible 4.0-liter flat-six is in the rear, where it was meant to be. Adding to 500 horsepower and its screaming-high redline, the RS is 22 pounds lighter than the already lithe GT3. Rear-wheel steering and all the accouterments of the best track car on the planet are also right where they should be.|
— Official description 
The 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS - abbreviated as 911 GT3 '16 and 911 GT3 RS '16 - is a RWD supercar featured in Forza Horizon 3 as part of the Porsche Car Pack and as standard in Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4.
The 991-codenamed GT3 RS is a lightweight track-focused model offered within Porsche's 911 model lineup. Unlike previous generation models, the 991 GT3 RS no longer offers a manual transmission and is exclusively available with Porsche's PDK automatic transmission.
It received a model update in February 2018 as the 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
Following the tradition of Porsche's RS (Rennsport) cars, the 991 draws power from a naturally aspirated flat-six engine bored out to four litres. The engine is based off of the GT3 RSR car, which itself is based off of the engine from the Carrera. It revs up to 8800 rpm and produces 493 hp (368 kW) and 339 ft·lb (460 N·m) of torque.
The 991 GT3 RS is only available with a 7-speed PDK transmission and weighs 3131 lb (1420 kg), making it one of the lightest cars of Porsche's current lineup.
The 911 GT3 RS reaches 60 mph (97 km/h) in 3 seconds (0.3 seconds faster than its claimed time of 3.3 seconds), 100 mph (161 km/h) in 7 seconds, and a top speed of 196 mph (315 km/h), which is exceeded in each Forza installment.
The 911 GT3 RS (991), much like with the previous 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997), launches off the line with very little wheelspin and revs up to at least 8800 rpm. Its rear-engine architecture along with its aerodynamic upgrades and racing tires give the GT3 RS notably sharp steering but also make it less forgiving than other drivetrain layouts due to a higher chance of oversteer. With a top speed of 212 mph (341 km/h), far above its claimed top speed of 196 mph (315 km/h), the 911 GT3 RS also performs decently in high-speed situations.
The Preorder Car - abbreviated as 911 GT3 RS PO - is an S2 998 variant in Forza Horizon 4 that is unlocked upon reaching Level 20 in The Eliminator. It was exclusive for Amazon pre-orders of the title, although it can be bought by players on any release in the Auction House.
It also comes with a series of optional upgrades unavailable for the standard variant including a Racing V12 engine swap.
Requires the Porsche Car Pack
Purchase from the Autoshow for 210,000 CR or 420 T
Performance & Championship
Extreme Track Toys
Top Speed: 207.8 mph (334.4 km/h)
0-60 mph (0-97 km/h): 3.015 secs.
0-100 mph (0-161 km/h): 7.000 secs.
60-0 mph (97-0 km/h): 110.8 ft (33.8 m)
100-0 mph (161-0 km/h): 265.6 ft (81 m)
60 mph (97 km/h): 1.12 g
120 mph (193 km/h): 1.34 g
|Conversion - Engine|
|Racing V12 (Preorder Car only)|
|Conversion - Drivetrain|
|Conversion - Aspiration|
- In Forza Horizon 3, the 2016 GT3 RS is the only car that cannot be purchased for free from the Autoshow after downloading the Porsche Car Pack.
- Its engine, named "4.0L F6" in-game, appears as an Engine Swap for various Porsche cars in Forza Horizon 3, including the Cayman GT4, 1995 911 GT2, and 911 Carrera RS. However, compared to the 4.0L F6 engine swap of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0, it has a lower maximum output at 960 hp (716 kW) and 630 ft·lb (855 N·m).
- The steering wheel could be erroneously seen from the Driver Camera View perspective in Forza Motorsport 7. This was fixed in the February 15, 2018 update.
- The 911 GT3 RS Preorder Car in Forza Horizon 4 is the only Preorder car that can be unlocked as a Horizon Life level reward.
- ↑ "Porsche Car Pack". forzamotorsport.net
- ↑ caranddriver.com - 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS Tested on the Street and on the Track