|Forget everything you have ever thought about hybrids before you consider the 918 Spyder. It is the culmination of years of research and technical prowess from the first company that ever sported a prancing horse on its badge. The 918 Spyder is the starting point of a new era of performance and has raised the bar of what can be expected of a car, even a hypercar. Nearly 900 combined horsepower from its 4.6-liter naturally-aspirated flat crank V8 and hybrid electrical system and built almost completely of carbon fiber make it a technological marvel. The 918 Spyder already set a production car lap record at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and shattered the production car record at the Nürburgring by 14 seconds. It is visually stunning in all regards and distinctly Porsche even though it looks like no other Porsche ever. The blank sheet of paper 918 designers started with produced innovations in every direction and convention was left by the wayside. The result is nothing less that the spark of a new generation of the highest performing vehicles the world has ever seen.|
— Official description 
Forza Horizon 3 Unlock
It was unlockable during five Forzathon events in Forza Horizon 3:
- Putting On A Show (April 18 to 19, 2017)
- Celebrating The Forza Community (June 12 to 19, 2017)
- Horizon Halloween (October 31 to November 1, 2017)
- Supercar Superstar (April 27 to May 4, 2018)
- Counting The Days (February 1 to 7, 2019)
The 918 Spyder debuted for the 2013 model year to replace the Porsche Carrera GT as Porsche's newest top-of-the-line performance car. It was put into a limited production run of 918 units that ended after the 2015 model year.
Unlike its rear-drive predecessor, the 918 Spyder has an all-wheel drive powered by a hybrid powertrain consisting of a 4.6 liter V8 engine that is supplemented by two electric motors. Equipped with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, the 918 Spyder comes with a total output 887 hp (661 kW) at 8500 rpm and 829 ft·lb (1125 N·m) of torque, making it one of the most powerful production cars by Porsche.
Similar to the Carrera GT, it is based on a carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic monocoque and uses an active rear wing that tilts forward under heavy braking. Other special features of the car are four-wheel steering (not depicted in the Forza series) and an electromechanical brake system with a brake energy recovery function that stores energy in a lithium-ion battery mounted behind the passenger cell.
The 918 Spyder boasts one of the quickest acceleration runs of all road cars, reaching 60 mph (97 km/h) in 2.2 seconds and 100 mph (161 km/h) in 4.9 seconds due to its hybrid configuration. It reaches 214 mph (344 km/h) as top speed.
Handling is another strong point for the car as its all-wheel drive allows players to accelerate with little wheelspin, particularly on unpaved routes, although its fairly high weight of 3692 lb (1675 kg) may affect cornering grip on sharp turns. Despite the aforementioned, the 918 Spyder has very effective brakes to make up its weight penalty.
With upgraded performance in the Horizon series, the Porsche 918 becomes one of the fastest X Class cars in the game, albeit with worse handling compared to the Lamborghini Centenario LP 770-4, Koenigsegg One:1 and other light rear-wheel drive racers.
Requires the Porsche Expansion pack
Purchase from the car dealer for 850,000 CR
Performance & Division
Top Speed: 213.7 mph (343.8 km/h)
0-60 mph (0-97 km/h): 2.200 secs.
0-100 mph (0-161 km/h): 4.900 secs.
60-0 mph (97-0 km/h): 105.1 ft (32 m)
100-0 mph (161-0 km/h): 261.7 ft (79.8 m)
60 mph (97 km/h): 1.30 g
120 mph (193 km/h): 1.44 g
Requires the Porsche Expansion
Purchase from the Autoshow for 850,000 CR or 1,417 T
Performance & Championship
Top Speed: 225.5 mph (362.8 km/h)
0-60 mph (0-97 km/h): 2.215 secs.
0-100 mph (0-161 km/h): 4.900 secs.
60-0 mph (97-0 km/h): 108.1 ft (32.9 m)
100-0 mph (161-0 km/h): 271.0 ft (82.6 m)
60 mph (97 km/h): 1.10 g
120 mph (193 km/h): 1.25 g
|Conversion - Drivetrain|
|Conversion - Aspiration|
- With a lap time of 6 minutes and 57 seconds, it was the first all-wheel drive production car to have broken the sub-seven minute barrier at the famed Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit.
- In Forza Horizon 2, completing four events in the Porsche 918 unlocks the Ring Wraith achievement, a reference to its Nürburgring record.
- September 18, 2013 (9/18/2013) was designated as Porsche 918 Day, a reference to its name.
- Its Forza Horizon 2 rendition uses rims from the Weissach Package, a factory option that reduced weight for track racing.
- Its hardtop roof can be removed in Forzavista but always stays on outside of that mode.
- Its engine - named "4.6L V8 Hybrid" in-game - can be swapped onto various Porsche cars in the Horizon series.
- It is the 2nd vehicle to feature as the primary cover car in Forza Street, succeeding the Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV. It was succeeded by the McLaren Senna.
- ↑ "Forza Motorsport 6 Porsche Expansion". forzamotorsport.net
- ↑ Abbreviation in Forza Horizon 2
- ↑ "Porsche 918 Spyder Price, Specs, Photos & Review". blog.dupontregistry.com. Retrieved 02-01-2019.
- ↑ "2014 Porsche 918 Spyder Deep Dive Review". Autoblog