Skill Songs are songs that are designated to double any Skill Score earned for their entire duration. This gameplay feature was introduced in Forza Horizon 3.
Forza Horizon 3
Skill Songs are unlockable by getting the Horizon Skill Song Perk through the Skill Shop. The Radio Star Perk makes Skill Songs appear more frequently, while the Taking Requests Perk makes the next song become a Skill Song by request to the radio DJ(s).
After a song is finished playing, the radio DJ(s) may make an announcement saying that the next song they are about to play is a Skill Song. When that song starts playing, at the top center of the screen, a purple speaker appears, with "Skill Song" and the remaining time left until the end of the song appearing below it in white and blue, respectively. The Skill Chain multiplier is also doubled for a maximum of ×12.0 and shown on-screen enclosed in a purple box. If the song title and artist are shown on-screen during the Skill Song, a purple speaker will appear next to the artist's name.
At the top left corner of the screen reads "Perform Skills to get double Skill Score for the duration of this song." This encourages the player to perform as many Skills as possible in order to bank the most Skill Score in one go. Should the player change the radio station at anytime, the game will prompt the player to tune back to the radio station that is currently playing a Skill Song.
When the Skill Song ends, any Skill Chains that are ongoing even past the end of the song will still carry the double bonus, as long as they are not broken in any form. The radio DJ(s) will also announce that the Skill Song is over and the next song will be a normal one.
Skill Songs are unlockable by purchasing The Huntsman's Lodge for 750,000 CR in Lakehurst Forest.
The system functions very similarly to that in Horizon 3; however, the multiplier is increased up to ×14.0 for certain cars.
- Skill Songs cannot be played during a race or event, only during free roam or Co-Op Campaign. Anytime the player participates in a race or event during a Skill Song, the Skill Song is canceled.
- Horizon Edition Cars with Skill boosts (can be of any skill type) are very useful for Skill Songs, as they can be used to earn a Skill Score of at least 1,000,000 more easily than other cars.
- Radio stations like Timeless FM may offer songs longer than 5 minutes in length, allowing for more time to bank as much Skill Score as possible (doesn't have to be in one go).
- If the player disables radio DJs, Skill Songs do not appear as a result.
- In Forza Horizon 4, the player will dance around inside their car when a Skill Song plays.